It doesn't get any easier than Air Fryer Chicken Wings. They're crispy on the outside, cooked to perfection on the inside, and seasoned to perfection. They're ideal for movie nights, cocktail parties, block parties, and game days. Let's kick things up a notch by throwing in some sweet and sour wings to the mix. Who doesn't enjoy chicken wings? We know you do because we wouldn't be here today if you didn't. Enjoy yourself, but make sure you have enough of napkins on hand because they are sticky.
Cook Time: 40 Mins
- cooking spray
- 1 ½ pounds chicken wings, tips discarded
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¾ teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 stalk green onion, sliced
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray basket with cooking spray.
- Using a paper towel, pat the chicken wings dry. Combine baking powder, salt, pepper, and paprika in a resealable plastic bag and mix well. Place a few chicken wings in the bag and shake it vigorously until the wings are well covered. Shake off any extra baking powder mixture and continue with the remaining wings until they are all covered.
- Cook the chicken wings in the air fryer basket for 22 to 23 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add vinegar, pineapple juice, ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, Sriracha, and sesame oil. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to a low level and keep it there. In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and water, then add into the saucepan and whisk vigorously until the sauce thickens, about 1 minute. Thin sauce with a little water if it's too thick.
- Increase air fryer temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and cook wings until cooked through and crispy brown, about 2 more minutes.
- Pour sauce into a large bowl and add the cooked wings. Toss to coat well. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion and serve immediately.
128 Calories / 8.2g Protein / 6.6g Fat / 9.6g Carbs