Although, we enjoy summer, it is time to welcome fall with open arms and mouths. However, my family requests this recipe year-round.
Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, these gluten-free pumpkin waffles are delightful. The secret component in this pumpkin waffle recipe is oat flour! I left you a gem, you can easily make your own oat flour at home ( check out the recipe - Healthy Homemade Oat Flour Recipe). This recipe makes four 7-inch round Belgian waffles.
Cook Time: 20 mins
2 ¼ cups (200 grams) oat flour*
1 tablespoon baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ginger
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon allspice or cloves
3 large eggs
⅔ cup milk of choice (I used plain, unsweetened almond milk)
½ cup melted coconut oil or 7 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
½ cup (122 grams) packed pumpkin puree
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Suggested toppings: maple syrup, nut butter and/or toasted nuts, coconut whipped cream, pecans...
- Combine the oat flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and all spice or cloves in a large mixing basin. To combine the ingredients, whisk them together.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium mixing bowl. After that, combine the milk, coconut oil or butter, pumpkin purée, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. Whisk the ingredients together until they are completely combined.
- Fill the oat flour mixture with the liquid mixture. Stir with a large spoon until everything is well blended (the batter will still be a little lumpy). Allow the batter to rest for 10 minutes to allow the oat flour to absorb some of the moisture. Now is the time to preheat your waffle iron.
- After the 10 minutes are up, gently stir the batter again with your spoon. Don't worry if the batter is a little thick. Your waffles will be delicious. Close the lid after pouring enough batter onto the heated waffle iron to fill the middle and most of the central surface area.
Transfer the waffle to a cooling rack or baking sheet until it is brown and crisp. Stacking waffles on top of each other will cause them to lose crispness. Keep your waffles warm in a 200°F oven until ready to serve if desired. Serve with chosen toppings on the side.
612 Calories / 14g Protein / 36.6g Fat / 57.7g Carbs