Cooking your chicken in bulk is a great way to plan out your week's meals.
However, you'll undoubtedly end up with leftovers that take up space in your refrigerator. So, what are your options? Wait a few days for it to dry out and get rubbery before using it to produce a batch of uninspired, haphazard snacks?
Instead, utilize it to produce three days' worth of delectable, muscle-building meals that are also healthful to prepare.
Cook Time: 40 min
- 8 oz leftover skinless chicken, chopped
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (1oz) finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp pomegranate arils/seeds ( or dried cranberries)
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp nonfat plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 (8- inch) low carb, whole-wheat flour tortillas
- Toss the chicken, onion, celery, and walnuts with the pomegranate arils in a medium mixing dish.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl until thoroughly blended. Toss in with the chicken. To coat evenly, stir everything together.
- Fill tortillas with chicken salad. Fold in the sides, bring the bottom up, and roll to seal.
162 Calories / 17g Protein / 6g Fat / 25g Carbs